It is hard to believe that we are already half way through 2017! Time has flown by for us and we could not be more excited about all of the work we are doing for our beloved homeowners. While we find ourselves busy as bees this summer, it is important that we take a step back and reflect on everything we have seen, done, and witnessed along the way. That is why we want to provide you with some of our thoughts and insights from the year to anticipate what is ahead for the industry. Here are a few topics and trends to pay special attention to in 2018:
- Digital & Real-Time: With more and more millennials entering the housing market as first time homebuyers and demanding more tech-savvy appliances, updates, and resources, it is no surprise that remodeling efforts have begun to echo this trend. Think Smart-Kitchens, Smart-Entertainment Centers, Smart-Homes! Nothing is off the table with this seemingly limitless market. Stay ahead of the curve and research some of the products out in the marketplace today to get a feel for where this space is headed.
- Simplify & Streamline: Gone are the days of patterned wallpaper, clutter, and fabric heavy room décor; cutting-edge interior home designs are increasingly minimalistic, sleek, and simple. Consider neutrals with small pops of colors and pair down on unnecessary items. If you are really looking to embody this trend in your everyday life, you may even consider watching the Netflix documentary “Minimalism” to see a dramatic take on this popular ideology.
- Make it YOU: This may seem like common sense, but you would be surprised how many homeowners are tossing out the rule book and truly creating a space that is really their own. Enjoy craft beer? Dedicate a spare room to accommodate your micro-brewing needs. Avid Biker? Look up Pinterest ideas on how to build custom, specialty bike racks or organize your garage around your pedaling-fast-lifestyle. Fitness Guru? Transform your basement into your own personal gym space. The possibilities are endless! Make your home the most comfortable representation of yourself. We live in a world where traditional rooms and spaces are no longer considered must-haves. So have some fun: install a small movie theater, add a meditation room, give your dog a custom-made play space—whatever it is, do more of what makes you happy and allow your home to help along the way!
Need some help getting started? Is 2018 the year you get started on your renovation to-do list? Let us help you get the ball rolling! Contact us with your thoughts, ideas, or just to chat some more about topics of intrigue.
With the tremendous popularity of real-time and streamlined Smartphone apps like Uber and Amazon Prime Now, it is no wonder that the American Kitchen seems to be following suit with perpetual advancements in appliance-technology. Imagine a grocery shopping experience where with the swipe of a button, you can see the physical inside of your fridge, allowing you to see which products you are out of and which items you are stocked up on. Well this seemingly futuristic experience is now actually possible. Earlier this year, Samsung released a top-of-the-line refrigerator with numerous special features including the one outlined above. And, it is not just refrigerators that are experiencing a serious technological face-lift; touch-screen microwaves, dishwashers, and even toasters are now also available on the market!
So what are the implications of all of these advanced, technology-savvy appliances? It seems that the days of touch-screens, mobile apps, and voice-activated features have only just begun. We are anticipating the “New American Kitchen” to be filled with these products. As a renovation company, we strive to steer you in the right direction with your kitchen remodeling needs. Want to learn more about which of these luxury appliances will best suit you and your needs? Contact us with your questions and we will be happy to help out!
We know that the new fast-paced, technology-dependent world can be daunting for some people. Let us help make your transition into a modern and up-to-date kitchen as seamless as possible by providing you with all the help you need.
As we are now well under our way into the heat of summer, we would like to reflect with you on some of the hottest trends that we have seen this year & provide insight for getting your own remodeling dreams started! From tech savvy kitchen appliances, to low maintenance countertop options, 2016 has opened up new doors in the world of remodeling. Let’s take a look:
- Low maintenance and simplicity proves key—with the switch to paperless, digital, and real-time in the business & banking world, it is no wonder that the same theme of “ease of use” reigns true for home improvement. The rising age of millennials is also a contributing factor to this trend. According to Consumer Reports, when surveying 18 to 35 year olds, “low maintenance” ranked high on the list of most desirable home features. We are slowly seeing a decline in the desire for fancy granite and marble countertops that require tedious upkeep, and instead a new draw toward options such as quartz countertops, which are stunning, yet easy to maintain.
- The emergence of sleek and intelligent appliances—rapid movement in technology has allowed even more advanced appliances than ever to hit the market. A new niche for “luxury appliances” has expedited the success in this market space. From touch screen refrigerators, to wifi enabled “kitchen concierge” devices, your kitchen space can now be dramatically transformed.
- Outdoor meal prep, no problem—from grills, to smokers, to pizza ovens, people are interested in enjoying the beauty of the backyard while preparing and eating meals. This is the perfect way to capitalize on the beautiful Minnesota summer and enjoy the sunshine or stars.
- Going green in 2016—although green energy is not necessarily a new concept, energy-efficient and sustainable home updates are seeing a continued increase in demand. Almost all new appliances now come with special energy-saving features. Water-saving dishwashers, for instance, are red hot this year with more options and brands to choose from than ever.
We love capturing these trends in our remodeling projects; we strive to provide the most up-to-date remodeling advice and ideas when working with you on your home. For more information on these trends or to get started on your own remodeling projects, we encourage you to contact us!