In our last blog, we discussed some of the most popular trends we have been seeing throughout the past year. Summer is the perfect time to highlight one of these trends in more detail: outdoor meal preparation appliances and seating space. Gone are the days of small concrete slabs and portable clearance-priced grills—today we are seeing people transform their backyards into a space dedicated to high-end meals and entertaining. Among millennials, the “create your own” meal idea compliments this trend nicely allowing for easy-to-make vegan and gluten-free options such as grilled home-grown vegetables that can be prepared all in your very own yard. Grills have become more advanced than ever with add-ons and custom design options creating a personalized customer experience.
Another product that is experiencing an increase in demand: outdoor wood-fire ovens. These luxury ovens appeal to the 21st century “foodie” because they can add a delicious woody flavor to your food while simultaneously creating a unique dining experience for your guests. Pinterest is exploding with different flatbread and pizza recipes for these ovens from classic margherita to specialty macaroni & cheese pizza. “Healthy” is an option too with lean, wood-fired chicken breast or turkey making a popular meal entrée as well.
So, what is the best part about this backyard trend? We can help you customize the look and feel for your entire space! Sample different brick, stone, wood, and tile to create a space for you and your family to enjoy for years to come. Minnesota summers are precious and should be spent outdoors while the weather allows. Create meals and memories by transforming your yard into a place that can accommodate the new “family dinner table.”
Have a few ideas you would like to get started on? Contact us and we will get the ball rolling!
As we are now well under our way into the heat of summer, we would like to reflect with you on some of the hottest trends that we have seen this year & provide insight for getting your own remodeling dreams started! From tech savvy kitchen appliances, to low maintenance countertop options, 2016 has opened up new doors in the world of remodeling. Let’s take a look:
- Low maintenance and simplicity proves key—with the switch to paperless, digital, and real-time in the business & banking world, it is no wonder that the same theme of “ease of use” reigns true for home improvement. The rising age of millennials is also a contributing factor to this trend. According to Consumer Reports, when surveying 18 to 35 year olds, “low maintenance” ranked high on the list of most desirable home features. We are slowly seeing a decline in the desire for fancy granite and marble countertops that require tedious upkeep, and instead a new draw toward options such as quartz countertops, which are stunning, yet easy to maintain.
- The emergence of sleek and intelligent appliances—rapid movement in technology has allowed even more advanced appliances than ever to hit the market. A new niche for “luxury appliances” has expedited the success in this market space. From touch screen refrigerators, to wifi enabled “kitchen concierge” devices, your kitchen space can now be dramatically transformed.
- Outdoor meal prep, no problem—from grills, to smokers, to pizza ovens, people are interested in enjoying the beauty of the backyard while preparing and eating meals. This is the perfect way to capitalize on the beautiful Minnesota summer and enjoy the sunshine or stars.
- Going green in 2016—although green energy is not necessarily a new concept, energy-efficient and sustainable home updates are seeing a continued increase in demand. Almost all new appliances now come with special energy-saving features. Water-saving dishwashers, for instance, are red hot this year with more options and brands to choose from than ever.
We love capturing these trends in our remodeling projects; we strive to provide the most up-to-date remodeling advice and ideas when working with you on your home. For more information on these trends or to get started on your own remodeling projects, we encourage you to contact us!
We’ve been working diligently on a project that we’re excited to talk about—a beautiful lake home now has several new features that really bring a unique character to the property. What are some of the updates we made? Let’s take a look:
• New rooms, new look—main/entry level rooms are high impact and high traffic areas. That is why we made some meaningful and strategic changes to this home’s kitchen, living area, and dining room. Now both the residents and their guests can enjoy a remarkable new look in a truly transformed home.
• Brand new attic, furnace, AC, and ducting—this involved many steps including: vacuuming and removing insulation from the attic; removing an old AC unit and replacing it with a new one; and replacing the existing baseboard heat with a forced air system.
• The lake-view never looked better—we added three new patio doors (two six ft. wide and one twelve ft. wide) to this home to give a fabulous view of the lake. This made all of the difference in the world for a lakefront property.
• Maple millwork and pre-finished cabinets adds the perfect touch—we put in new engineered, pre-finished rift and quartered white oak 5” wide planks for beautiful flooring and stunning matching cabinets.
• Exceptional Zuri decking over a new deck— we made this important update to manage water and keep space under the deck dry. We also added stainless steel cable railings to compliment the structure.
• Front yard fun—for curb appeal, we worked on a completely new stoop and garage driveway. And that’s not all; we also utilized maintenance-free Hardi pre-finished siding, soffit, and fascia along with new shingles to enhance the home from both the curb and the lake. Now, the amazing inside matches a new and refreshing outside to create an all-around property metamorphosis.
We had a great time working on this home and continue to love helping families achieve their renovation dreams. If you would like to learn more about this project or maybe start an entirely new one of your own, contact us and we’ll get started!
Summer is right around the corner and we want to ensure that you’re all set to tackle your home improvement to-dos! Looking for a few ideas to spruce up your home while being cost efficient? We’ve provided a few fun ideas to get your wheels turning!
- Exterior quick fix—something as simple as painting your front door can add huge curb appeal to your home at a very small cost. Looking for a sleek and trending color? Shoot us an email and we will be happy to provide some of the latest and greatest colors we are seeing within the housing market that will fit your motif.
- Garage sale scavenging—slightly used is sometimes the way to go! Find a table for under $50 and make it your summer art project. Sand down the rough edges, add some paint/stain, and you’re all set with a brand new look in your kitchen.
- Renovations, of course—for some of the bigger projects that require expertise, we are happy to help! We just finished up some awesome projects with some spectacular families that are showcased in our portfolio. Take a look and shoot us over your ideas.
The point is, home improvement does not need to be stressful. It can actually be fun! Whether it is a DIY project or you need an extra set of hands from us, we want to make your renovation dreams come true. It is the spark in a home owner’s eyes when they see the final product that truly makes us LOVE what we do. We hope you have a fulfilling and checklist crossing summer!