As highlighted in a few of our recent blog posts, Smart-Homes are becoming increasingly prolific in the remodeling and home-building industry. One of our current projects in the Minnetonka Bay area is utilizing these technologies throughout the entire home. So what products and offerings are we incorporating into this transformation and how can you get started on some “smart” changes of your own? Here are five technologies we are using for this home that are worth considering for all homeowners interested in making some “smart” upgrades of their own:
- To start, this home is using Lutron Finire 4″ trimless and 3″ trimless cans throughout. They carry a lot of great long-term cost efficiency benefits including dimming down to 1% and 10yr warranties. Lighting in this home is controlled by Lutron’s RadioRa2 system with keypads throughout the house controlling lighting scenes in each room. This gives homeowners the ability to personalize lighting in each room to give the ambiance they desire while being environmentally
- Moving on to the kitchen, this home features Sonance’s Architectural series 4″ speakers laser-lined with cans to provide a clean look with amazing sound quality. Speakers and cans are exactly the same size and look for a seamless appearance. This is an easy way to upgrade your sound quality while maintaining desired aesthetics.
- Another great way to start upgrading your home’s technology capabilities is with your HVAC system. This home’s HVAC is controlled by Savants Pro centralized multi-zone thermostat processing. This is integrated directly into the home’s control system. It will also include Savant’s energy management control monitoring system which will automatically make adjustments to as many controlled devices as needed.
- We are also including Lutron recessed shades in the Great Room and master bedrooms which read directly to the home’s control system so that they are automated with day, time, and weather. Again, this is a “smart” way to approach energy and lighting efficiency; it is hassle-free for homeowners and great for an on-the-go lifestyle.
- Finally, multiple cameras are being installed throughout the home along with control over the home’s hurricane shutters (also integrated to the central control system) so that they can be raised and lowered from anywhere in the world. Imagine being able to travel the world while also being able to make necessary home adjustments!
While this is only a small list of the vast technologies we are seeing revolutionize the industry today, we are excited to share the merits of this trend with you and the limitless possibilities it presents. Want to learn more about “smart home” technologies and get started on some updates of your own? Contact us!